Responsive Birth Injury Attorneys Serving the NY Metropolitan Area
Easing the emotional burden after a devastating injury to your child
The birth of your child should be a happy occasion. However, if the unthinkable occurs and your child is harmed due to the negligence of the medical staff, you may be able to pursue compensation. At Bruce G. Clark & Associates, P.C., we care about our clients. We understand the difficult situation you are in, and we do everything in our power to handle the needs of your family. Our firm provides the hands-on approach and compassionate communication you need after your child suffers from a birth injury. With more than 45 years of experience negotiating settlements, we can get you the results you deserve.
Examples of birth-related medical malpractice
When a medical professional fails to act with reasonable care, they could be held liable for medical malpractice. Some forms of birth-related medical malpractice include:
- Failure to identify, monitor or act on fetal distress. It is the doctor’s responsibility to monitor the health of the baby during the birth. If they fail to take the necessary steps, the baby can suffer from serious or even fatal injuries.
- Failure to plan for an emergency C-section. Complications in a pregnancy may lead to the need for an emergency Caesarean section. If the doctor does not recognize this, it could have devastating consequences.
- Delayed birth. If a doctor fails to deliver an infant within the normal time frame, it may cause injury to the child.
- Oxygen deprivation. Lack of oxygen can lead to serious brain injury in babies. Often, this could have been prevented with proper monitoring and action by the doctor.
- Forceps extraction. Forceps are a tool that doctors sometimes need to assist during the birth. If used improperly, this can cause injuries that range from bruises to skull fractures to brain damage.
Birth injuries can occur in many different ways. Our attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help you determine if you have a claim.
Common birth injuries
There is a wide range of potential injuries that a baby can incur during birth. Some of the most common include:
No matter what type of injury your baby sustained, the lawyers at our firm can help you hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligent actions.
Get help from knowledgeable NYC birth injury lawyers
After a birth injury, turn to Bruce G. Clark & Associates, P.C. to learn more about your options. Call us today at 516-767-1200 or contact us online to speak to one of our experienced medical malpractice attorneys. We represent clients throughout the New York metro area.